Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Cheddar and Chive Protein Biscuits


Social media knows I am obsessed with cooking and recently suggested a reel with this recipe. I gave it a whirl and was so pleasantly surprised that I made it again so I could freeze a batch. Feel free to use whatever herbs you like in your biscuits. I made some small adjustments to the original recipe based on what I had available and skipped brushing with butter and still found them great.
Adapted from Modern Flavour

1 cup cottage cheese (2% or full fat, not fat free)
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
1 egg
1 tbsp mild oil of choice
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped

Using a blender or food processor, blend the cottage cheese until fully smooth. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Add the blended cottage cheese, egg, and avocado oil to the dry ingredients and stir until a rough, sticky dough forms.

Fold in the shredded cheese and chopped chives until evenly distributed.

Let the dough rest for 10–15 minutes. In the meantime, preheat your oven to 425F/220C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Scoop the dough into 6 equal portions, about ⅓ cup each, and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18–20 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment