Thursday, October 29, 2015

Parmesan Polenta


My friend made this recipe for a dinner she was hosting a while back. At that point I had not had polenta in years and I realized I was missing out. This polenta was delicious. She served it with roasted brussel sprouts and salmon. I've made this roast chicken before and other times with a poached on top. The Parmesan in this recipe gives the polenta its flavor. I tend to eat way too much of this when I cook it, but it's hard to resist. This is also a very easy side dish and it works great for yourself and is also nice enough to serve for guests. You can make this look nicer by adding a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper and some shaved Parmesan on top.


Recipe from Goop

1 cup instant polenta
4 cups turkey or chicken stock
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to season

Bring your chicken stock to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and whisk in the polenta. Keep whisking for 2 to 3 minutes until the polenta is cooked and has a creamy and smooth texture and most of the chicken stock is absorbed. Remove from heat and whisk in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment