Thursday, October 15, 2015

Honey Rosemary Roasted Carrots


I discovered my love for honey roasted carrots about 5 years ago when I was in a phase of making lamb roasts every few weeks. One day I decided to drizzle some honey on the vegetables surrounding the meat and I was hooked. I remembering eating more veggies than anything else that night. I now like to make honey roasted carrots as a side dish to a variety of main courses. I last made these as part of a vegetarian feast where I made a bunch of different salads and roasts (I had a ton of farmer's market veggies to use up). I use fresh rosemary in this recipe, but you can improvise with whatever you like.



1 bunch carrots, washed and tops removed
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to season
2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
2 tablespoons honey

Preheat your oven to 400F/200C. Cut you carrots into sticks. I usually cut them in half lengthwise and then into thirds. Place carrots on a baking sheet and toss with the oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Drizzle the honey over the carrots. Roast until the carrots are tender and slightly crisp, about 30 to 45 minutes, mixing the carrots half way through roasting. Serve and enjoy. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment