Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Indonesian Cucumber Salad


I made this recipe as a side dish and really enjoyed it. It reminds me a little bit of the cucumber salad you can find in many Thai restaurants, but I love the addition of cilantro. I used one red Thai chili when I made this and it had a great spicy kick to it, but I suggest using less if you have a low tolerance for spicy foods. Serve this as a side dish for any Southeast Asian inspired meal.



Adapted from Ingrid Morris via Ed Santiago

1 hothouse cucumber peeled and chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (add more or less to your liking)
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
red Thai chili (use one for a spicy salad)

In a bowl, combine the cucumber, onion, and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, and chili. Pour over the cucumber mixture, toss and serve. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment