Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Yogurt with Cucumber


This recipe makes a great side dish to any spicy Indian, Middle Eastern, or Mediterranean meal. I make variations of this with different herbs. Sometimes I use dill or chives and when I am running low on ingredients, I will omit the herbs completely. This is very easy to make and I always make a big portion since I can eat spoonfuls of it. I generally make this with regular plain yogurt as opposed to Greek yogurt. To thicken it, I let it sit in a colander lined with 2 sheets of paper towels. After about 30 minutes to 1 hour the consistency is very similar to Greek yogurt.




Recipe from Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi's Jerusalem: A Cookbook
2 mini cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
2 cups plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
pinch of cayenne pepper

If using plain yogurt, line a colander with 2 sheets of paper towels. Place the yogurt in the colander and allow to drain for 1 hour. Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment