Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Salmon with Lemon, Capers, and Rosemary


My local grocery store has finally started selling fish! This is a pretty exciting moment for me since I love fish and haven't had any in months. I grabbed a couple pieces of salmon and started looking for a recipe that I could make with ingredients I had at home. Last time I tried a salmon recipe from Giada De Laurentiis I was really happy with the result, so I looked through some of her other ones. I found this one and got started.


This recipe is one of those easy salmon recipes most people will enjoy. You pretty much season the salmon, top it with the ingredients, and wrap it in foil. You could change some of the ingredients if they don't appeal to you. I might also add some chopped kalamata olives on top of my salmon next time I make this. I didn't have Marsala wine at home when I made this and used whatever was open in the fridge (which was nothing too fancy). I also did not grill my fish, tanks to an afternoon rain shower. Instead I just baked the foil-wrapped fish in the oven.



Recipe from Giada De Laurentiis
Serves 4

4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
8 lemon slices (about 2 lemons)
1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
1/2 cup Marsala or white wine
4 teaspoons capers
4 pieces of aluminum foil

Preheat your oven to 350F/190C. Lay out the 4 pieces of foil. Brush the top and bottom of the fillets with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the foil. Top each piece of fish with 2 slices of lemon, 1 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of wine, and 1 teaspoon of capers.Wrap up the foil packets tightly so the liquid does not leak out.

Place the packets on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the fish is just cooked. Serve in the foil packets, or remove from foil and top with the ingredients remaining in the foil. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment