Friday, December 7, 2018

Simple Italian Style Pasta Bake


I was having friends over during the week and was looking for a quick and easy dish that I could make after work. I wanted something I could prepare ahead of time that would be a crowd-pleaser for all my guests. I found a few pasta bake recipe and wanted to give it a try with my own twist (and to make it simple). This was a very easy dish which I prepared the night before and baked prior to my guests arriving. Everyone loved it and it made for a great, quick weeknight main course.




1 pound of pasta (I used mostaccioli, but penne, rigatoni or fusili would work), cooked
1 24 ounce jar of your favorite pasta sauce
1 onion, sauteed
1 pound Italian Sausage, cooked and sliced
1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat your oven to 350F/176C. Lightly grease a 9"x13" baking dish. Add all the ingredients, except the Parmesan cheese, and mix. Top with the Parmesan cheese. At this time you can either cover the dish in foil and bake the following day, or cover the dish in foil and place in the oven. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the cheese has melted.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment