Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Lemon Scented Rice


A while back my friend hosted a girls night and made a lemon scented rice that I instantly loved. I had never tried a rice with lemon flavor before this, but I was hooked. I should start this by saying I am a huge rice fan. I could happily have basmati rice multiple time a week. This recipe is a fun way to add a little extra kick to plain rice.



1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 bouillon cube (I prefer chicken)
1 shallot, chopped
2 celery stalked, diced
salt and pepper
1 lemon, zested

In a saucepan over high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the rice and mix to coat the rice in oil and lightly toast the rice. Add 1.5 cups of water. Once the water is boiling, cover the saucepan and reduce the heat to a simmer. Check the rice in 20 minutes. It should be cooked and fluffy. If it is still hard and the water has cooked out, add a splash of water and keep cooking the rice. If the rice is done but there is still liquid in the pan, remove the lid and let the water cook out. Set the prepare rice aside (you can keep it in the saucepan.

In a large pan, saute the shallot and celery until softened. Season with salt and pepper. In the same pan, add the cooked rice and mix to combine. sprinkle the zest from one lemon over the rice and mix. Enjoy while warm. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment