Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Spaghetti Squash with Arugula Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes


I've been on a spaghetti squash kick lately. Every time I stop by the farmer's market I come home with one. I had a basket of cherry tomatoes that started to burst after 2 days, so I decided it was time to roast them. I used arugula pesto in this recipe but feel free to use a classic basil pesto as well, especially if you want a slightly milder flavor. You can adjust this recipe very easily to suit your preferences. I love a lot of tomatoes on mine, as well as lots of cheese. After I took these photos I added about another 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan to each squash half. Parmesan gets used up very quickly in my kitchen, but I love the flavor it adds.

1 medium spaghetti squash
olive oil
salt and pepper
cherry tomatoes, washed
1/2 to 1 cup arugula pesto or pesto alla Genovese (or if you have a favorite store bought pesto, use this)
1 pint cherry tomatoes
Parmesan cheese, for serving

Preheat your oven yo 400F/205C. In the meantime, slice your squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and stringy pieces. Place cut side up on a baking sheet. Using a brush, evenly coat the squash and garlic in olive oil (not too much needed, just a light coat). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-45 minutes, until the squash can pull apart easily with a fork. Set squash aside and allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.

Lower you oven temperature to 350F/175C. Mix tomatoes with a tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until the tomatoes have a slightly shriveled skin. Remove from oven and set aside.

Once the squash has cooled, use your fork the gently pull apart the squash. Top the squash with a few tablespoons of warm pesto, roasted tomatoes and however much Parmesan you like.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment