Thursday, February 4, 2016

Chopped Tomato Basil Salad


Luckily I live in an area where summer produce is still available in November. As much as I love apples and pumpkin and chard, summer produce is still some of my favorite. I was able to find some great heirloom tomatoes and decided to make one of my favorite, super easy salads. I love eating this wish some fresh olive bread to mop up any extra dressing. If that sounds crazy, just try it. Make sure you use fresh basil since that brings a lot of flavor to the salad.


5 large to medium heirloom tomatoes, chopped
1.5 tablespoon vinegar (I rotate between balsamic and red wine)
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup chopped basil
1 tablespoons chopped shallots (optional)
salt and pepper, to taste

In your serving bowl whisk together the vinegar and mustard. Add the oil, basil, shallots (if using) and salt and pepper and mix. Gently toss the tomatoes in the dressing. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment