Thursday, September 3, 2015

Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad


I was looking for a salad that would be easy to transport and wouldn't get soggy if I made it ahead of time. I was bringing food to a friend's party and didn't have time the day of to do anything that required more than five minutes. Luckily, my mom's friend told me about this salad that she loves serving during the summer. I've had this as a main course before when I wasn't very hungry, but it goes great with any BBQ basics.


The dressing used in this salad can be altered for your preferences. I tend to like it on the creamy side and use more yogurt than my mom's friend. If you like the citrus kick feel free to add more lemon. I have also made this without the cranberries and nuts and have enjoyed that too. This salad will still be crunchy and delicious the next day.

2 cups of finely cut broccoli florets (about 1/3 of a head of broccoli)
2 cups of finely cut cauliflower florets (about 1/3 of a head of cauliflower)
3 tablespoons toasted almond slivers
3 tablespoons dried cranberries
1/4 cup plain yogurt (more or less if desired)
3 cloves garlic
Juice of half a lemon (more or less if desired)
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to season

In a bowl mix together the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, nuts and cranberries. Toss to coat and serve.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment