Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Arugula and Chopped Fennel Salad


It wasn't until this past summer that I realized how much I love adding finely chopped fennel to my salads. I first discovered this type of salad when I was visiting my grandmother and have been a fan ever since. When the fennel is chopped, the rough texture can be avoided but the flavor can still be enjoyed. I made this for a friend who claims to dislike fennel and she loved the salad. You don't need to use arugula for this salad, the fennel will go well with most greens.



350 grams of arugula
1 fennel bulb, bottom and fronds cut off and coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to season

In a food processor, chop pulse the chopped fennel until it forms small pieces (between the size of a grain or rice and a lentil). In a bowl mix the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the fennel and arugula. Toss and enjoy. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment