Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Moroccan Eggplant Salad


Eggplant based dips and appetizers are some of my favorite snacks. Growing up I would eat tons of baba ganoush and my mom's eggplant dip in between meals. So when my mom told me about a new eggplant recipe she tried out, I had to make it for myself. This eggplant salad is a healthy yet very flavorsome and satisfying salad. I serve it as a side dish or salad, but have also been known to eat it as a main course with some pita bread. The original recipe calls for very little olive oil, but I felt that the salad was too dry and added a little more. This salad will still be good the next day if you have any leftovers.



Adapted from LaaLoosh

2 large eggplants, sliced into 1/4" rounds
2 small red peppers, cut into 1/2" pieces
4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 1/2 to 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
salt and pepper, to season

Preheat your oven to 350F/175C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Spread out the eggplant rounds and peppers and drizzle with some olive oil. Sprinkle with salt (about 1.5 teaspoons). Roast the vegetables until cooked, about 30 minutes. Half way through baking flip over the vegetables.

Allow the vegetables to cool for 5 minutes and cut the eggplant pieces into quarters. In a bowl, combine the eggplant, peppers, garlic, parsley, 2 1/2 tablespoons of oil, and both vinegar. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Place in an airtight container and allow to marinate overnight.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment