Thursday, October 18, 2012

Brie and Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing


Living in Switzerland, there is almost always a wedge of brie in my fridge. I usually cut off slices and snack on them when I walk by the kitchen, or I put the slices on bread and top it all with some chutney. Not matter which way it gets used, brie is delicious. The other week my friend and I had lunch together and we both decided on having a lighter meal. I wanted to make a salad that would be filling, but not heavy, so I decided I was going to add some chicken breast and cheese.


The mixed greens available in Switzerland are different to those in the U.S. I combined salade de mâche with some red leaf lettuce, but any combination of colorful lettuce would be great. If you have leftover chicken in your fridge, this salad is a great way to use it up. I also make this same salad with crumbled blue cheese instead of brie sometimes. You can easily add or subtract veggies or even fruits to this dish. Serve with some rustic bread and your meal is complete.

Serves 2

3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3/4 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoons chopped scallion
garlic salt, salt, and pepper, to taste
3 to 4 cups loosely packed mixed salad greens
1/2 cup sliced cucumber
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
6 slices brie cheese
2 small chicken breasts, diced and cooked (or leftover rotisserie chicken)

In a bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, scallion, garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Add the lettuce to the dressing and toss. Divide the dressed lettuce between two plates. Top each plate with half of the cucumber, tomatoes, chicken, and cheese. Serve immediately. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment