Monday, July 23, 2012

Curry and Mustard Lamb Chops


My mom has been making these lamb chops for years. This is one of my favorite ways to season lamb chops  and ever since I can remember, it's the meal I request if my mom ever asks me what I want for dinner. When I was in college I had these lamb chops as my first mom-cooked meal every time I went home. I'd usually end up in a food coma not able to move, but they were just too good to leave on the plate. I'm pretty sure my sister is just as obsessed with these as I am, which means my parents had their fair share of lamb when I was in college and she was in grad school.


This recipe comes from, you guessed it, a really old school Betty Bossi cookbook (this one was printed in 1977). And, as always, my mom has changed it to suit her preferences. The original recipe was called "cotletten gourmet" and was made with pork chops. My mom also grills the lamb chops as opposed to baking them, which gives them that delicious barbecue flavor. If you think you don't like curry, I have a feeling you would still love this recipe. And if you don't like lamb, do what Betty Bossi does and make this marinade for pork chops. I ran out of Dijon mustard when I was making these and substituted a mild regular mustard. The taste was still amazing, but go for the Dijon option if you can. If need be, you can very easily double the marinade if you are making more lamb chops.

Adapted from Betty Bossi's Kochen für Gäste
Serves 2

2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper, to season
4 lamb chops

Combine the mustard, curry, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the mixture on both sides of each lamb chop. Let the lamb chops marinate for at least 30 minutes.

Heat your grill to medium-high. Grill the lamb chops to your desired level of doneness. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment