Thursday, August 3, 2017

Spinach and Cherry Tomato Pasta



Living on my own I often look for simple recipes that can be made without much effort. This recipe is one of my go-to quick dinners for days when I really don't want to make anything too time consuming, but I still want a tasty dinner. If you ever feel like mixing it up, omit the spinach and add 1/4 cup chopped basil. That's my other go-to weeknight pasta dinner. Either way, this is a very simple and satisfying meal.



1/2 pound pasta (I used spaghetti, but any type will work)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
6 cups lightly packed fresh spinach
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al-dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain the rest. Set the pasta aside

Set the same pot over medium high heat. Add the butter and olive oil. Once melted, cook the garlic until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and spinach, cooking until the spinach wilts and the tomatoes soften. Mix in the pasta. If the pasta seems dry, add some of the reserved pasta water to it (often 1/4 of a cup is the perfect amount). Once combined, serve your past and top of the Parmesan cheese. Enjoy! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment