Thursday, August 31, 2017

Coconut Banana Muffins


I have been on a baking kick lately and my friends are probably tired of my coming over with a bunch of baking experiments. I decided to make these muffins on a whim since I had all of the ingredients at home and wanted to try something other than my classic banana go to: Leonie's banana bread. Leonie's banana bread will probably always be one of my favorite classic banana bread/muffin recipes out there, but I wanted to try something a little new. I had a bunch of coconut flakes leftover from when I last made energy bites, so this was the perfect recipe to make a dent in that. There muffin taste great and look adorable with the shredded coconut on top. Wrap in an airtight container and snack on these for a few days in a row.

Recipe adapted from Gourmet via Epicurious
Makes 8 muffins

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup sweetened or unsweetened coconut flakes

Line a muffin pan with 8 liners. Preheat your over to 375F/190C.

In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the bananas, melted butter, sugar, egg, milk, vanilla and 1/2 cup coconut flakes. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Divide the batter evenly into the 8 muffin forms so that each is fairly full. Sprinkle the muffins with the remaining shredded coconut.

Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown on top and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment