Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Fresh Corn, Tomato and Basil Salad


Corn salads are one of my favorite side dishes to serve at a summer barbecue. They can easily be scaled up or down based on your guest count and I have yet to make one that hasn't been a hit. I had 12 people over this past weekend and knew there was no way I'd have space on my grill to cook all the meat and corn on the cob, so I opted make this salad. I cooked the corn in the morning and prepared the salad in the afternoon so it was ready to go hours before anyone arrived. Your can also grill the corn for this if you prefer.

9 ears of corn, husks removed
5 vine ripe tomatoes (about 1.5 pounds), diced
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1 small shallot, finely diced
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper

Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add corn and cook for 4 minutes, just to remove the starchiness.

Once the corn has cooled down, cut the kernels off the cob. Combine the shallot, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in your serving bowl. Add the corn, tomatoes and basil and toss to coat. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment