Thursday, August 1, 2019

Blueberry & Honey Overnight Oats


I recently went camping and was looking for some breakfast ideas for a quick and easy, yet filling option. I was planing on an early morning hike and didn't want to spend time setting up a camping stove, but also didn't just want a bagel and cream cheese (which is often my go to camping breakfast). I started looking in to overnight oat recipes, which I had never made before but have read about. I read through a few until I found this one. It's very simple and I already had all the ingredients at home. I loved that there was Greek yogurt in the mix. You can modify this with whatever fruits you have on hand. I added some sliced bananas on top right before I ate these. I also doubled the recipe to last multiple mornings. This got totally sloshed around in my cooler getting to a from the campsite and bear box and was still great!


Adapted from Quaker Oats

1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oat (or whatever oats you may have at home)
1/2 cup oat milk (or your preferred regular or alternative milk)
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/3 cup blueberries
Honey, for topping

Add oats to your containers (I use a Tupperware large enough to hold all the ingredients). Pour in the milk. Add in the Greek yogurt and blueberries. Drizzle with honey and refrigerate overnight.

The following morning enjoy your oats. Feel free to add some more honey if desired. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment