Thursday, July 26, 2018

Quick and Easy Lemon Cake


I woke up before my alarm the other day and had lots of time to kill. I decided to bake, but had limited ingredients on hand. I knew I had a few lemons in my fridge so I began looking for a lemon cake recipe that I could make with what was in my kitchen. I stumble upon this recipe for a vegan cake and decided to give it a try. I used regular milk as opposed to a vegan option, and made a few more adjustments. The end result was a very lemony, most and slightly dense cake. It turned out much better than expected and I will definitely keep this recipe on hand as a great base. I brought it to work and the cake was gone in a few hours. I was expecting there to be some leftover cake and planned on taking a nice picture at home, but that obviously did not happen.



Adapted from Loving it Vegan

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups milks (sub non- dairy option to make this vegan)
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest of 2 lemon
juice of 1 lemon

Preheat your over to 350F/180C. Grease and flour a loaf pan (I used a 10").

Sift the flour in to a mixing bowl. Whisk in the sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla, lemon zest and juice and stir until just combined.

Pour the batter in to your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool then remove from pan and enjoy. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment