Thursday, August 9, 2018

Breakfast Egg Casserole with Croutons


Every now and then I get excited by breakfast foods. Typically I am more of a lunch and dinner person, but I have been loving this breakfast casserole recipe and have made it a few times this year. It's so easy to make and you can modify the recipe to sit your taste. I've made this with bacon, but if I am short on tie, I'll just throw in some ham cubes and it's delicious too. I like to sprinkle Trader Joe's "everything but the bagel" spice mix on top of this. Feel free to experiment with this recipe and enjoy the great breakfast dish!


Adapted from Taste of Home

2 cups croutons (I use garlic flavored ones)
1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
7 eggs, beaten
2 cups whole milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/8 teaspoon onion or garlic powder
4 stripe bacon, chopped and partly cooked (or sub cooked ham cubes)

Preheat your oven to 325F/162C. Grease an 11"x7" baking dish. Event spread the croutons on the baking sheet. Top with the cheese. In a bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, salt and onion (or garlic) powder. Pour over cheese. Top with bacon. Bake until cooked through and an inserted knife comes out clean, about 45-55 minutes. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment