Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Za'atar Spice Mix

Anyone that has been to one of my summer barbecues knows I love using za'atar for seasoning chicken or fish. This spice mix serves so many purposes and makes a really easy main course stand out. My favorite option is Za'atar Grilled Chicken, and I've used the same marinade on salmon before too. I have a friend who will regularly request this dish when she knows I am cooking. I sometimes buy the pre-made spice mix, but on days where I've run out, it's easy to make this at home.

Recipe from Feasting at Home

1 tablespoon dried thyme, crushed

1 tablespoon cumin

1 tablespoon coriander

1 tablespoon sesame seeds

1 tablespoon sumac

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon aleppo chili flakes (optional)


Combine all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment