Friday, March 8, 2019

Easy, Healthy Broccoli Soup



Last time I went grocery shopping I was a bit too optimistic and ended up with way too many veggies. I ended up freezing a head of broccoli, and had no clue what I would eventually make with it. We recently had a cold snap so broccoli soup suddenly sounded great. I found this recipe and couldn't believe how creamy the soup was without having any dairy in it (unless, like me, you sprinkle cheese on top). This is is very easy to make and makes about 3 minutes from start to finish.



Recipe from Erren's Kitchen

2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli florets (can also reduce to 1 pound if you have less on hand)
1 large onion, chopped
1 large potato, peeled and cut in to cubes
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
Salt and pepper, to taste
Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

In a pot over medium-high, heat up the oil or melt the butter. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, onion, potato and stock. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover your pot.Cook for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables have softened.

Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until it reaches your desired consistency (I made this fairly smooth and left a few chunks). Serve hot and top with shredded cheese, if using.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment