Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Chopped Greek Style Salad


Every time I make a Greek salad, I forgot how much I enjoy them and wonder why I don't make them more often. I love that this version can still be eaten on day 2 if you have any leftovers. It won't be as great as day 1, but it's still tasty and saves you having to come up with a lunch idea. This travels well too and is great for picnics. 



1 red pepper, chopped
1 small English cucumber, chopped
3 vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 small red onion or shallot, finely chopped
1/3 cup kalamata olives, quartered
4 ounces feta cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoons lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon honey (optional)
salt and pepper, to taste

In your serving bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, honey, salt and pepper. Add the pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and feta to the bowl and toss. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment