Tuesday, May 12, 2020

No-Churn Chocolate Heath Bar Ice Cream


getting warm here in Denver, which means it's time to start eating more ice cream. I've made ice cream from scratch a handful of times when visiting my mom and sister, who both have ice cream makers. I don't own one and I have often seen the women on a Swiss cooking show make ice cream without churning it in a machine. I figured it would be time to give this method a shot. I started looking in to it and there are a ton of very easy to make, no-churn ice cream recipes out there. I was in the mood for chocolate heath bar crunch ice cream, so I adapted this delicious recipe. Feel free to use whatever mix-ins you'd like with the chocolate ice cream.


Adapted from Baking a Moment

4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
3 tablespoons unsweetened coca powder
3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder (or use more unsweetened cocoa powder)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups heavy whipping cream
4 heath bars (39 grams each), crushed or broken down in to small pieces

Melt the chocolate in a double broiler or in a microwave. Mix together the melted chocolate, condensed milk, all the cocoa powder, vanilla and salt. Whisk ingredients until smooth.

Whisk the cream until it holds stiff peaks (I did this in my stand mixer while melting the chocolate).

Fold the chocolate mixture in to the cream carefully. When almost incorporated, add 3.5 of the health bars and keep folding until the ingredients are evenly mixed.

Pour the ice cream mixture in to a loaf pan or similarly sized freezer safe container. with a lid. Sprinkle with remaining half of heath bar. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or until hard. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment