Thursday, October 24, 2019

No Fail Banana Bread


I was having one of my lazy weekend days when I decided I wanted to bake some banana bread, but also not have to go to the grocery store. I was out of butter and milk, so I started looking for options that didn't require any of these. I came across this recipe and was very skeptical. All the reviews said the banana bread was great and I eventually decided I would give it a try and see how it turned out. This is such an easy bread to make and it has turned out wonderfully each time I've made it. I brought a loaf to work and it was gone by the afternoon. I made 3 of these loves in a month and each has turned out delicious. Don't be scared off by the slightly odd ingredient list. This banana bread freezes really well too. I could hardly tell the difference between the loaf I thawed from the freezer and the fresh loaf.



Recipe from Spend with Pennies

3 medium bananas
1 egg
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
optional: mix in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, pecans or walnuts

Preheat your oven to 350F/175C. Grease and flour a loaf pan. In a bowl, mash the bananas and mix in the egg and mayonnaise. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. If using any mix ins, add them to the flour mixture. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Stir until just combined and avoid over mixing. Pour the batter in to your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-70 minutes (this number will vary based on the size of your loaf pan), until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly, then remove from pan and enjoy. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment