Thursday, April 25, 2019

Sweet and Tangy Cocktail Meatballs


I usually like making a few heartier dishes when I invite friends over for drinks and appetizers. Cocktail meatballs tends to be a hit and I have tried a few different varieties over the years. I most recently tried these when looking for a quick recipe with ingredients I already had at home. The recipe link includes three sauce varieties but the recipe below is the only one I have tried so far. These are very easy to make, and if you're really in a pinch for time, you could even use 2 pounds of frozen cocktail meatballs.





Recipe from Spend with Pennies

For the meatballs:
2 pounds ground beef (I use 80% lean)
1/2 small onion, very finely diced
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (regular or panko)
1 eggs,
1 teaspoon pepper

For the sauce:
10 ox. apricot preserves
2/3 cup barbecue sauce

Preheat your oven to 350F/176C. In a bowl combine all of the meatball ingredients. Roll in to 1" sized meatballs. Place the meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes, until cooked through.

Using a large saucepan over medium low heat, combine the apricot preserves and barbecue sauce. Stir until the preserves melt and the two ingredients are combined. Allow sauce to boil for 1 minute to thicken slightly. Add meatballs, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 10-15 minutes.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment