Friday, February 1, 2019

Bacon, Cheese and Green Onion Quiche


I recently had a spare pie shell in my freeze and way too many eggs in my fridge. The obvious, easy solution was to make a quiche. I usually have some bacon in my freezer and I happened to have green onion in my fridge, making this a really easy recipe to put together from what I had laying around. As with most quiches, you can adjust this recipe with what you have at home. You can sautee regular onions and use those, add other veggies, use a different breakfast meat. It's pretty hard to mess this one up.



1 deep dish pie shell
1 cup milk
6 eggs
salt and pepper, to season (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
6 slices of bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese (most shredded cheese would work well)
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
2-3 tablespoons chopped green onions

Preheat your oven to 350F/176C. Once heated, poke a few hold in the base of your pie crust with a fork. Bake the empty pie crust for about 20-25 minutes, until it is barely golden.

In the meantime, whisk together the milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix in the dry ingredients. Pour mixture in to partially bakes pie shell.

Bake 45-50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Rotate your quiche half way through baking. If the crust begins to brown too quickly, wrap the crust in foil and continue to bake. Allow the quiche to set for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment