Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots


When I was younger I used to dread any meal that involved Brussels sprouts. Luckily, times have changed and I now love them! From Brussels sprout chips to grilled Brussels sprouts, I love them all. This recipe is a very simple one and you can add any roasting vegetables you like to the mix. I happened to have carrots and Brussels sprouts at home, so that is what I used. I also sometimes add chopped rosemary or other herbs to this mix.

1 to 1.5 pound Brussels sprouts, cleaned and larger sprouts cut in half
4 small carrots
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoons salt
scant 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 heaping teaspoon honey

Preheat your oven to 400F/200C. On a rimmed baking sheet toss all of the ingredients together to coat the vegetables evenly. Roast for 30 to 45 minutes, shaking the vegetables around every now and then while roasting. Roasted until the outsides are lightly brown (I like mine on the crispier side) and the insides are softer.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment