Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Frozen Frangelico Coffee with Cream


I realize frozen drinks aren't exactly the right thing for winter, but the flavor combination in this one is perfect. Although I made mine a frozen drink, you could just as easily serve it warm. What's makes this so delicious is the combination of the hazelnut from the Frangelico and maple flavored cream. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I thought this looked pretty, so I made this for other people. I tried some myself and really enjoyed they way the flavors all came together, but one taste was about all I could do. Don't skip the step of adding the maple syrup to the cream since that is what stands out the most (at least in my non coffee liking opinion). This is one of those recipes where you can tweak everything to your personal preferences. If you prefer less Frangelico, use a bit less. If you want the cream sweeter, you can add a bit of sugar as well.



Recipe from Martha Stewart
Serves 4

4 cups strongly brewed coffee, chilled
1 cup Frangelico
2/3 cup heavy cream
4 to 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup

In a medium bowl, mix together the coffee and Frangelico and place in the freezer. Allow to chill until slushy, about 5 hours, mixing twice in the process.

In another bowl, whisk the cream until stiff. Mix in the maple syrup, whisking more if necessary.

Divide the coffee mixture into 4 cups. Top each with cream mixture and serve. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment